Participating in IZZI, ATNI, DIGITAL, SKYTEL and MIRADA iOS product development
As a big career move, I’ve needed to study lots of topics to start catching up the rest of the team. I will enumerate the most important, as it could always be a good reference for anyone in the same position:
- The Swift Programming Language 5.0 by Apple
- The Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language (uncatalogued, really difficult to find) by Apple
- Developing iOS 11 Apps with Swift by Paul Hegarty for a Standford University official Course.
- iOS 11 and Xcode 9 – Complete Swift 4 & Objective-C Course by Aaraon Caines
- App Architecture iOS Application Design Patterns in Swift by Chris Eidhof, Matt Gallagher, and Florian Kugler
- Lots of talks from WWDC by Apple
- Some talks from NSSpain
- Lots of development articles on Apple documentation website
- AirPlay integration for izzigo app and kids app.
- nPVR (network PVR)
- Home Screen. Promotion with images and video advertising.
I’ve been taking part in the next roles :
- Documentation and design. Create UML diagrams for existing features and use cases.
- Development + Testing. Integrating Airplay requires a good AVFoundation undestanding, some HLS, etc.
This roles involved: bug hunting, performance issues, apple integration, etc.
I’m a senior developer, but still a senior iOS team member, so still need some work to fully understand Apple development world. As always, willing to help team mates and project manager doubts, as I always like to learn all language and topics details.
swift, objective-C, CLEAN, VIPER, Alamofire, Realm, HLS, FairPlay
iOS, Xcode, fastlane, jenkins
Company website: Mirada
Mirada forms the largest independent interactive audio/visual supplier in Europe.
Client info: Televisa – IZZI
IZZI is a tier 1 telecom from Mexico, part of TELEVISA group. A video content provider leader.
Client info: ATN International – One Communications
ATN International is a tier 1 telecom from USA.